SSET Program At a Glance
Support for Students Exposed to Trauma (SSET) is a school-based group intervention for students who have been exposed to traumatic events and are suffering from symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Designed specifically for use by teachers and school counselors, SSET is a non-clinical adaptation of the Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in Schools (CBITS) Program. SSET teaches many of the same cognitive and behavioral skills as CBITS, such as social problem solving, psychoeducation, and relaxation.
SSET is delivered in an easy-to-use lesson plan format that is ideal for educators. In 10 group lessons, students who participate in SSET learn a wide variety of skill-building techniques to reduce current problems with:
- anxiety or nervousness
- withdrawal or isolation
- depressed mood
- acting out in school
- impulsive or risky behavior
SSET also helps students deal with real-life problems and stressors and increase levels of peer and parent support.
The SSET program has been evaluated for use with middle school students ages 10-14 but will likely work well with students in late elementary through early high school.
Take the Training Course
SSET offers online and in-person training for educators. Register with our website to access the free online training and materials. If you'd like to schedule an in-person training, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 413-1100 x5118.
Access Free Resources
Register with our website to gain instant access to a host of free resources, including everything you'll need to implement SSET in your school, including:
- Our interactive online training course that will prepare you to implement SSET
- Sample materials and forms to help you deliver SSET in your school
- A robust online community where you can engage with other professionals through discussion boards, question and answer sessions with the creators of the intervention, and a space where you can collaborate on documents
- Video clips of the intervention developers providing practical advice on SSET implementation
- And more!